Why do we have Community Guidelines
Our community guidelines exist to ensure that players that interact with our games and services within our ecosystem remain safe. Any public community that bases itself around a Podcrash game or service must abide by these rules.
Last Updated: 13th April 2020
Community Guidelines for the Moderation for Podcrash owned, or partnered, communication platforms
When interacting on a communication platform run by Podcrash or that is operated by a partnered organisation of Podcrash, we expect the following rules to be upheld and the community to respect the rules we have in place to ensure that players always feel safe, welcomed and respected whilst interacting with our games and services.
Communication platforms can include but are not limited to, Forums, Discord servers, IRC channels and Twitch streams. If there is the ability to join voice communication, hold a conversation in real-time or overtime then these moderation rules should be enforced.
The following is unacceptable and will result in account suspension or permanent removal:
1. Hate speech in all forms, including Racism, Homophobic & Transphobic comments or Sexism.
2. Sharing content that directly threatens a person’s physical state. Do not Dox people, threaten to kill or harm them. Do not share or threaten to share the personal information of another player.
3. Sharing or distributing content with the intent to shame or degrade another player.
4. Distributing viruses. Do not promote phishing, threaten others with digital harm including but not limited to malicious attacks against a players personal computer, internet provider or spying.
The following is not tolerated and the content will be removed and a warning issued, repeat misconduct or extremely severe cases will result in harsher punishment:
- Sharing NSFW content.
- Sending sexual or inappropriate messages.
- Sending “IRL’s” (photos of yourself or other people) is disallowed.
- Organising or participating in harassment against an individual or group. If someone is harassing you or your community, be proactive and block them immediately and seek further help should it continue.
- Circumventing tools designed to protect themselves or repeatedly targetting a user or community. Do not create spam accounts to bypass restrictions, Do not disguise yourself in attempt to contact someone who has blocked you or expressed the wish to be left alone.
- Sharing content, or making comments, glorifying or promoting, in general, self-harm or suicide. This includes any content that encourages others to: cut or injure themselves, embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, for example, seeking counselling or treatment. Online communities like ours have the power to lift people from dark places – be the kind of person who lifts others. If you notice that someone is in need of urgent help, please contact your local authorities.
If you or someone you know wishes to seek help then please refer them to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (United States) or Samaritans (United Kingdom). If you are in another country and seeking help please find your local organisation through this public list
Discord has quickly become a centre for Podcrash oriented communities. Any discord server that is owned by Podcrash or is a partner of Podcrash are expected to uphold the Discord Terms of Service whilst also ensuring that our moderation rules are upheld. Partnered communities are required to have the public Podcrash bot in their server to assist in moderating these rules. If you wish to know more about how our bot monitors and what permissions it does and doesn’t have then you can view more here
Podcrash Staff, Community Moderators and Partner Representatives
Podcrash staff, community moderators and partner representatives are held to a higher standard than the community as a whole. When a person of authority makes a statement, comment or violates any of our community rules, Podcrash expects there to be an investigation to deem the merit of the claim. If the individual is found to be breaking our rules then just punishment should be given regardless of their position.